Sunday, January 17, 2010

DELICIOUS DECADENCE ON A RAINY DAY IN LA LA LAND


Nothing could be more delicious or more decadent than
lounging around on the Velvet Fainting Couches in our
Jitterbug Perfume Parlour, sipping a glass of fine
champagne laced with Tuberose Absolute, listening to
Edithe Piaf sing "Adieu Mon Coeur", & watching the rain
fall down on Hollywood Blvd... Perhaps, if we were in
Paris, and chocolate and/or feathers were involved...



SOTD: TRAMP
KEY NOTES: Vanilla, Blond Tobacco, Sweet Lemon


WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT TRAMP:

Rebella says, "Among the burlesque-line, Tramp is my
favourite. It is rich, vibrant and sexy, but in a
soft spoken and almost shy way. Tramp is a gorgeous
kind of golden blend with hints of something lemony
and the tobacco is laid back and creamy. The patchouli
and sandalwood add a richness to the base, but very
soft and lingering. Overall this perfume is very soft
and lingering, seductive, kind of old school... Really
nice, long lasting... A must try for creamy vanilla lovers."
(http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Opus-Oils/Burlesque-Tramp-5704.html)

Livia Says, "Today, I decided to wear ‘Tramp’ – when I
read that the notes included Sweet Lemon Blossom, I
thought it’d have a bit of a floral-citrus hit to it,
but on my skin, the Warm Vanilla, Sugar and Blonde
Tobacco are the stand-out notes. Beautiful!! I never
thought I’d enjoy the smell of tobacco in a perfume!
But the blend with the vanilla sugar note has really
surprised me!! I think I know what I’m going to ask
my parents to get me for Christmas!"
(Perfume Critic: www.perfumecritic.com)

TASTY TID-BIT #1: Young Sally Rand literally
ran away from home to join a carnival as a teenager.
Over the years she worked as a nightclub cigarette
girl, figure model, cafe dancer and stage actress
(under the name Billie Beck). Notorious Sally was
considered the greatest fan dancer ever, she caused
a national scandal by performing her first "obscene"
dance at the 1933 Chicago World's Fair... When she
was unsuccessful in gaining a role at the Fair, she
industriously staged a Lady Godiva inspired stunt at
the gates, arriving entirely nude, atop a white horse!
The scandal boosted the World Fair’s popularity and
Sally was invited to be a featured performer in the
‘Streets of Paris’ exhibition, where she performed her
feather fan dance in a mock Parisian street scene...



TASTY TID-BIT#2: The Victorian Coupe glass
is rumored to be styled from Marie Antoinette's breast...

No comments: